FCT builds character through the sport of soccer.
- Our mission is to provide players with the highest standards of individual and team development.
- Every training session has a logical progression, with exercises and skills moving from the simple to the complex.
- Tactical training (functional, individual, group, team) progresses from unrestricted to restricted, before moving onto activities with goals.
- Technical training moves from the fundamental to game-related to game condition.
- Small-sided games and scrimmages keep the training fun and social.
- We teach the physical: ball control, change of direction, shielding, passing, crossing, shooting.
- We empasize the mental: good decision-making, confidence, competitive sprit and teamwork.
- Our Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach works with every player to improve overall fitness, agility and endurance.
1. Annual Membership Fees
PREMIER TEAM Cost: $ 2,200 per year, per player. Fee includes: league registration (team & player) fees, Pre-Season Camp, Fall training and games, Winter Indoor training, Spring training and games (see below commitment), referee fees, field and gym rentals, coach and trainer fees and certain field equipment (like tower lights).
Fees can be paid in full or in installments. A few partial scholarships may be available. Families with partial scholarships are expected to contribute some money to the club each season and to volunteer at Transylmania annual tournament. Partial scholarships are determined on a season by season basis. In some seasons, scholarshsip may not be available.
- Pre-Season Training: FCT Camp, one week (Monday to Friday) prior to Labor Day
- Fall Training: 2 weekly practices (starting after Labor Day and ending by Thanksgiving) , 9-10 League games (on weekends: WYSL on Sundays, NYCSL-Premier on Saturdays)
- Fall Tournaments: Labor Day & Columbus Day weekends
- Winter Training (mandatory) – 1 weekly practice indoors
- Winter Training (optional) – weekend indoor scrimmages or indoor league
- Spring Training: 2 weekly practices (starting the last week in March through mid-June), 9-10 League games (on weekends, WYSL on Sundays, NYCSL-Premier on Saturdays)
- Spring Tournament: Transylmania Memorial Day weekend
- Increased numbers of scholarships for talented players whose economic circumstances prevent them from affording FCT
- Additional renovations to the FCT Turf Field House (winterization and improved lighting)
- Tournament fees to enable teams to travel long distance to compete
- Additional specialized equipment purchases