TRANSYLMANIA 2017 TOURNAMENT- RULES
The FIFA / USSF Laws of the Game shall govern the play of all matches except where provided below:
ROSTERS / PASSES / INSURANCE FORMS / PERMISSION TO TRAVEL FORMS:
A copy of the certified team roster will be checked against player passes and surrendered at the time of registration. Each team will be limited to the players, coach(es) and manager(s) whose names appear on that certified roster.
Roster Sizes: U7 - U10 may have up to 14 players on their roster. U11 - U12 teams may have up to 16 players on their roster. U13 - U18 may have up to 18 players on their roster. A maximum of 3 guest players is allowed. Guest Players are defined as players from outside the registered team's club.
In the event that any player is added to the roster after the first game or if an ineligible player participates in any game, that team will forfeit all games in which such player played.
A Medical Release Form for each player must be shown at the time of registration. You may use your club's version, but it must be an original (WE WILL NOT KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL COPIES, WE JUST NEED TO SEE THEM!). Medical documents should be carried with the coach or manager at all times during the tournament.
Teams from outside Region 1 except New Jersey, must have an authorized copy of the USYSA Permission to Travel form available at registration.
Player passes will be checked at registration and must be available for inspection at each game. They may be checked at the referee's or a tournament official's discretion prior to the start of or during the game.
- GAME DURATION: The duration of all games shall be 25 minutes (U7 to U8) or 30 minutes (U9 to U12) or 35 minutes (U13 to HS divisions). If the size of the tournament is such that the length of the games must be changed, coaches will be notified ahead of time.
- Home/Away Teams: The home team will kick off. (The home team is listed first on the schedule.) The visiting team will choose the goal to defend. Teams will switch sides at the halfway point of each match.
- Game format: U7 & U8 divisions, 7v7, U9 & U10 divisions 8v8, U11 & U12 divisions 9v9, U13 to U18 divisions 11v11.
- Play-off games tie-break rule. Penalty kicks (5 kicks/each team, alternative order) will take place in the event of a tie game at (ONLY) play-off (semifinals & finals/championship) games /matches, there is no over time. However, there could be some exceptions when the tournament director may rule out, to include over time; based on circumstances (both teams are in agreement, field space is available, referee / referees availability, not interfering with other teams schedules on same field, etc)
- The tournament director reserves the right to change the duration or location of any game.
- Any team not ready to play within 5 minutes of the scheduled starting time for its match shall forfeit the game to its opponent by a score of 3-0. A minimum of seven players constitutes a team.
- UNIFORM COLOR CONFLICTS: If there is a conflict in uniform color, the home team is required to change shirts. The home team is listed first on the schedule.
- SUBSTITUTION RULES: Substitutions are allowed by either team on any stoppage of play with the permission of the referee, unless the team requesting the substitution would gain an unfair advantage by delaying the restart of play. There are unlimited substitutions. Re-entry is permitted.
- RED CARDS: Any player, coach, or manager being sent from the field of play shall be suspended for the next game his/her team is scheduled to play. Any player, coach, or manager being sent from the field of play a second time shall be suspended for the remainder of the tournament.
- Coaches, managers, and team officials are not permitted on the field of play without the referee's permission. Anyone violating this rule is subject to disciplinary action by the referee and/or the tournament director.
- Each team is required to provide a lines person for its side of the field if official lines persons are not available.
- DIVISION STANDINGS:
o 3 points shall be awarded for a win
o 1 point shall be awarded for a tie
o 0 points shall be awarded for a loss
Standings - Teams shall be ranked in the standings by the number of points they have been awarded. In the case of a tie in the standings involving two or more teams, the following system shall be used to determine the final standings:
- Results of the tournament head-to-head games involving the tied teams.
- If any teams are still tied, then that tie will be broken based on most shut-out victories.
- If still tied then goal differential in all games (i.e. goals scored less goals allowed); however the goal differential from any one game shall be deemed to not exceed three.
- If still tied then least goals given up in all games.
- Protests shall not be accepted and may not be lodged.
- As this tournament has been organized to promote healthy competition between players, it is hoped that all participants including players, coaches, and fans will join in the positive support of referees and tournament officials. Coaches are reminded that they are responsible for the behavior of their players and fans. The tournament director reserves the right to disqualify any team from the tournament for gross misconduct of its players, coaches or fans.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on fields and in parking areas.
- GOALIE: The six second rule will apply. No charging of the goalie is allowed.
- TEAMS / SPECTATOR FIELD POSITIONS: Each team's players, coaches and managers will take positions on the same side of the field but separated by the halfway line. All spectators will take positions on the opposite side of the field from the teams and no closer than 2 yards from the touch lines. No one is permitted behind the goal line during the game. Team’s parents and families should keep one place (area) as a group. Kids should be supervised , by coach and/or parents full time.
Parking is limited. Please inform your team (parents) to use correct parking area so everyone can have space to park.
Please keep the field/school clean of garbage! Please inform your team to dispose trashes at special (garbage) containers.
- PLAYER ELIGIBILITY: All players must be born on or after the birth dates for their age group classification as indicated below. No player is allowed to be a member of more than one team that is entered in this tournament. All players and the teams to which they are registered must be properly registered with their state or national soccer association. Following are the earliest birth dates for each age group:
o U-7 Born on or after January 1,2010
o U-8 Born on or after January 1,2009
o U-9 Born on after January 1,2008
o U-10 Born on or after January 1,2007
o U-11 Born on or after January 1,2006
o U-12 Born on or January 1,2005
o U-13 Born on or January 1,2004
o U-14 Born on or after January 1,2003
o U-15 Born on or after January 1,2002
o U-16 Born on or after January 1,2001
o U-17 Born on or after January 1,2000
o U-18 Born on or after January 1,1999
Maximum number of guest players is 3.
- BALL SIZE: The following ball sizes shall apply for the designated age divisions:
o Divisions U7 – U12, ball size #4; U13 – U19 ball size #5
- INCLEMENT WEATHER: Regardless of weather conditions, coaches and teams must appear on the field of play, ready to play as scheduled. Failure to appear will result in forfeiture of the game. Only the referee and/or the tournament director can cancel or postpone a game.
o Inclement weather before games: In case of severe weather conditions before play has begun the result of the game will be a 1-1 tie.
o Inclement weather during a game: Should a game be terminated due to weather conditions after 10 minutes of play, the game will be considered official and the score at that time will stand. Should a game be terminated before 10 minutes of play, the result of the game will be a 1-1 tie.
- GENERAL RULES:
o All decisions of the referee are final and binding.
o The tournament committee, FC TRANSYLVANIA INC (FCT) and the Westchester Youth Soccer League (WYSL) and New York Clubs Soccer League will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by any team or club if the tournament is cancelled in part or in whole.
o The tournament director reserves the right to modify the schedule and all matters relating to this tournament. The tournament director's judgment shall be final and binding.
o First place medals will be awarded in each division and second place medals.
FC Transylvania Inc. and the Town of Lewisboro, NY assume no responsibility for any injury resulting from participation in this tournament. By accepting these rules and procedures, all participating clubs and players indicate that they carry their own insurance and will hold harmless FC Transylvania Inc. and the Town of Lewisboro.